Daily Chemical Reaction
The Green Swing – Project Delays Could Outweigh Demand Risk, Keeping Some Singing “Bling, Bling”
- We think global ammonia is an example market that will stay tighter for longer than most other chemical chains, and we discuss myriad factors supporting our outlook.
- On average, UK & NW European natural gas prices have risen significantly from 4Q lows, squashing some hopes of regional commodity chemical production restarts.
- We highlight global ammonia price trends, the movement upwards in US ammonia raw material margins from recent lows, and discuss Denbury’s ammonia market view.
- We discuss the Denbury CCUS market outlook, US IRA funding benefits, technology advances, and Europe being in relative trouble from an investment perspective.
- Global container freight rates, on average, furthered their decline WoW toward 2019 levels, though the rate to send cargo from Europe to the US reflects relative support.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams