Daily Chemical Reaction
Fade Into You – Energy Producer Chemical Ambitions Continue To Rise, Dampen Many Profit Cycle Outlooks
- Global energy and chemical producer integration efforts reflect positive momentum as energy producers fear falling fossil fuel demand and look for growing downstream product chain outlets.
- Aramco FY 2022 results commentary and outlook highlights a view that capital investment in growing oil production will unlikely keep pace with demand in the near-to-medium term.
- We discuss Aramco initiatives to cut GHG emissions and extend its value chain into chemicals, reflecting some general strategic similarities to peers, such as ExxonMobil and CP Chemical.
- We highlight recent movements in critical mineral prices and discuss their primary demand drivers, supply needs, and related macro and micro-market challenges to reach net zero targets.
- Global container freight rates weakened further WoW, lessening many supply-chain concerns, though demand headwinds remain a concern amid deteriorating consumer affordability trends.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams