Daily Chemical Reaction
Talk To Me – C-MACC Co-Founders Follow CERA With Additional Engagements, Global Project Work
- C-MACC Co-Founders, Graham Copley, and Cooley May, will be at different events next week – Graham will be in Europe with clients, and Cooley will be at the World Petrochemical Conference.
- We discuss recent movements in Brent Crude relative to US natural gas, comment on the USGC ExxonMobil refinery startup, and highlight trends in US natural gas prices relative to Alberta.
- US chemical rail volume reflects notable declines YTD compared with 2022, while Canada and Mexico reflect YTD improvement – we discuss this development and chemical market activity.
- We flag US ethanol margin trends amid several bio-fuel sector announcements, the need for CCS pipelines to help decarbonize the ethanol industry, and a few RNG and CNG developments.
- US 10yr yields and mortgage rates are notably above their 10yr average, increasing consumer affordability headwinds unlikely to show up overnight in retail sales and new home build stats.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams