C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Navigating the Mixed Messages and the Threats
- Corporations on both sides of the Atlantic face significant strategic challenges concerning climate change – from those wanting more action to those wanting less.
- A scary IPCC report on climate change to date and the massive gap between what might be needed and what is happening is likely not enough to change things.
- While the capital likely exists to achieve much more aggressive change, we do not see corporates increasing risk or leverage, and private capital is stepping back.
- We look at other government interventions – a case where it is not needed as well as one where it is. Misinformation may suit some needs but impedes progress.
- Otherwise, we take another look at Oxy’s DAC plans, the lure of free power, and the capital/material inefficiency it may cause, and water.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams