C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Are the ESG Investors & Activists Shooting Themselves In the Foot?
- If European investors lose faith in ESG investing, there is a long way down given assets under management – activists and changing rules/regulations pose issues.
- The shareholders attacking bp, Shell, and TotalEnergies are insisting on behavior that all evidence shows is not in the best financial interest of those shareholders.
- The ESG rating companies and fund oversight within the EU change rankings, ratings, and gradings too frequently; suggesting a lack of oversight or competence.
- We note the much higher level of declarations than actions among companies and governments still, cost is an issue, as is incentive uncertainty in the US.
- Otherwise, we look at difficult recycling economics, how cheap ammonia may delay projects, the rising price of electric power, and the change coming in autos.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams