C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Promises: Hard To Keep Climate Pledges When They Can’t Work
- The G7 is facing criticism for its failure to set firm deadlines on the phasing out of coal and natural gas – the real focus should still be on emission reduction.
- Education is key, as climate activists must recognize the consequences of what they are demanding (inflation and disorder) – ambitious alternatives exist.
- But GHG reduction is as likely to become as politicized in the US through this next election cycle as COVID was in the last. Large rifts with Europe could develop.
- The NEOM project looks unprofitable, especially if the hydrogen is intended for Europe – higher handling costs in Europe could offset lower power costs in Saudi.
- Otherwise, we look at battery recycling, the high cost of carbon abatement, more on hydrogen costs and values, lithium, biofuels, and dogs.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams