C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Weaponized Investing. How Did ESG Get This Out Of Control?
- As Larry Fink removes the acronym ESG from his vocabulary, it is reasonable to ask how something that is intuitively right is now buried in mud – what next?
- Original principles behind ESG were about doing a better job to diversify thinking at the board and leadership level and improve social and environmental impact.
- It is now a political football because many definitions were loose, and many stakeholders applied extreme interpretations – also because of bad behavior.
- We take another look at battery materials and the various technology options – we see high-density and low-density markets developing to keep all happy.
- Otherwise, we look at a doubtful bio-resin initiative, but success at Origin Materials. We also look at CCS plans but no action, and more on hydrogen.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams