C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
What If We Got Consensus? Thoughts on a Climate-Focused World
- We depart from our norm to start this week, as we look at rising severe weather events and question what would happen if the World agreed on climate risk, now.
- The quickest route to cut emissions would be to cut non-essential transport – flights and cars. We had practice with COVID, so we know it is possible.
- Renewable power would need to focus first on decarbonizing essentials with non-essentials offline for years; industry forced to make essential products only.
- Economies would be devastated, unemployment would rise, and governments would likely fail, but a “war footing” mentality would be needed to get fast change.
- Otherwise, we look at power constraints again, with a focus on steel, we look at several recycling/renewable initiatives, carbon capture for EOR, and panels.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams