Daily Chemical Reaction
The Quest: Next Week C-MACC Travels For Answers as Uncertainty Is High & Rising On Multiple Fronts
- Part of the C-MACC team will attend the PACK EXPO conference next week, and the other part will be at the CMA World Chemical Forum – contact us directly for information on the events.
- Packaging materials markets have become increasingly opaque, and we are helping clients gain clarity into material price/cost trends and evaluating the challenges facing its sustainability push.
- Our team will also host a Hydrogen panel at the CMA World Chemical Forum, where we will target multiple parts of the value chain to highlight hydrogen’s role in decarbonizing chemicals.
- Global chemical prices will mostly close this week higher than at the start of September, led by higher crude prices and a steepening global cost curve – a plus for the US but not for Europe.
- The US harvest appears supportive of current crop prices, which supports our constructive outlook for agricultural chemical and fertilizer markets following their weak YTD performance.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams