C-MACC Weekly Sustainability and Energy Transition Report
Crazy: We Near COP28 Pushing A Bigger Rock Up A Steeper Hill
- As we approach COP28 we see the usual pick up in opinions, with multiple agencies and advisors wanting to be the most discussed view at the event.
- There are bigger statements about what is needed, as little tangible progress has occurred in the last year – these run into much less friendly financing conditions.
- “Who pays for it” is increasingly becoming the stumbling block. We see policy pullbacks and project postponements, although Europe presses ahead with RED III.
- A “real world” view is that we must attack emissions with every tool available, and limiting the tools (as in Europe) will not end well and likely benefit China.
- Otherwise (related), we make the case again for oxy-combustion and retake a look at lithium, falling wind and solar capacity factors, and ammonia/methanol.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams