Plastics, PVC, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, PU, PC, PET, Critical Minerals, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Ammonia, Ethylene, Methanol
Yara, CF Industries, Nutrien, OCI N.V., KOCH Fertilizer, LSB Industries, Dow, LyondellBasell, ExxonMobil, Westlake, Enterprise Products, BASF, TotalEnergies, Braskem, Oxea, Sherwin-Williams, ADM, NextEra, Kemira, Hexcel, FMC, Air Liquide, Syngenta, Azelis, Johnson Matthey, BP, Yansab, Treatt, Borouge, Maire Tecnimont, Vitol, Chevron, Aramco, Worley, Eni, Shell, Chandra Asri, Trafigura, Neste, Halliburton, GM, GE, Nestle, Volvo, Li-Cycle, Electra, Sunnova, CNOOC, Issaquena Green Power, ORPC, AkzoNobel, PPG, Linde, Alpek, Symrise, Grasim Industries, Lubrizol, Posco, Sumitomo Chemical, Borealis, 3M, LG Energy, Waste Management, Petrobras, Corning, Radius Recycling, Amphenol, Silgan, Old Dominion Freight Line, Avery Dennison, POET, Valero, Technip FMC, Elkem, Methanex, Asian Paints, Repsol, Allkem, Arkema, Olin, Orbia, OCI, Mura Technologies, Samsung SDI, Vopak, TechnipFMC, Siam Cement Group, ACWA Power, Rubicon Carbon, ChargePoint, Eaton, Eagle Materials, Carbios, NewMarket, Fluor, Bunge, Avangrid, Valmont, Idemitsu, SK Geo Centric, Amcor, Southern Company, Vattenfall, Siemens Energy, Axalta, ConocoPhillips, OMV, Eastman, Albemarle, Taekwang Industrial, Baker Hughes, NuScale, Epsilon AM, ADS-TEC Energy, Invista, Minerals Technologies, FUCHS SE, Clariant, Equate, Navigator Holdings, Sinopec, Tokuyama, Ineos, Huntsman, PolyCycle, Range Resources, Mitsubishi Power, Star Scientific, Honeywell, Chemours, SQM, Azure, Element Solutions, EQT, Orion S.A., Lotte Chemical
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 192
Too Hot To Handle: If Climate Change Is Real, We May Be Screwed
- In our view, those calling for a quick end to fossil fuel use and simultaneously vilifying the oil and gas industry are likely condemning energy transition to failure.
- Emission reduction is complex and very expensive, especially on a tight timeline, and some companies and countries are already walking back plans.
- To fix this, and make progress, the oil and gas industry must be part of the solution vs a target. Al Gore is right on the risks and very wrong on the solutions.
- We look at all the recent evidence to suggest that things are much more challenging than they first appeared and pathways that are “best efforts” today.
- Otherwise, we look at some of the horrible margin and oversupply issues in chemicals and polymers, the cost of hydrogen, and why ExxonMobil may be king!
Last week, we discussed 17 Chemicals and Related Products and 136 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams