Daily Chemical Reaction
- Input cost inflation remains a broad-based issue for specialty chemical and broadly for sector product consumers – we find commodity inflation is not only occurring in chemical markets & flag metals and lumber as examples.
- This report discusses likely changes in manufacturer inventory habits due to input sourcing issues lifting concerns with long supply chains.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate items (e.g., Amcor, DSM, Cabot, Kumho Petrochemical, Solvay, & Tata Chemicals business updates).
- Carbon prices hit a record level in Europe & ESG news flow remains high.
- The Baltic Index hits an 11-year high amid continued freight rate strength.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams