Daily Chemical Reaction
- The value of Brent Crude increased but not as fast as US Natural Gas in 2Q21. We discuss the current trend of rising commodity chemical production costs and indicators pointing to a flatter global cost curve QoQ into 3Q21.
- This report highlights and discusses recent support in US spot ethylene, benzene, and polymer grade propylene (PGP) values WoW.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate items (e.g., Celanese, BASF, LyondellBasell, Reliance, Aramco & other sector producer news).
- Carbon prices in Europe move higher WoW toward the record-high level set in Mid-May – we highlight a few CO2 market drivers & other ESG news.
- The ACC Chemical Activity Barometer (CAB) moves higher in June, and we highlight several other factors signaling an increase in sector activity.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams