Daily Chemical Reaction
- Basic chemicals show increased movement toward their most profitable end-use products or storage with this in mind. While a logical development, we flag Chlor-vinyl trends to show the targeting of Western premium prices.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Celanese, Shell, Inter Pipeline, Ineos Styrolution, & other price & business news).
- Sector demand indicators remain generally strong, but we flag several logistical items and other indicators questioning the pace of momentum.
- We flag several ESG items worth mention, ranging from IEA estimates on renewable energy for electricity to the China ETS launch tomorrow.
- Along with publishing our latest ESG weekly, we highlight our multi-client initiative on carbon abatement in conjunction with the Power Research Group.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams