Daily Chemical Reaction
- This research report comments on a few significant global petrochemical feedstock trends. We add to our views from early July that focused on natural gas/NGL values trending upwards in 3Q, with many now at new 2021 highs.
- We highlight business updates from AkzoNobel, Daimler, and Sleep Number that display continued supply chain issues in 2H21.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate items (e.g., Sika, Dow, Sinopec, Olin, Linde, Braskem, Indorama, & other producer news).
- Carbon prices in Europe have fallen MTD but remain notably higher YTD – we highlight a few CO2 market drivers & other relevant ESG news items.
- We highlight the US Housing start uptick MoM in June, elevated air travel bookings in 2H21, and other indicators signaling still healthy demand.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams