Daily Chemical Reaction
Patience – Corporate Outlooks Point To Lingering Supply Chain Issues; 2H21 To Stay Far From Normal
- This report discusses pertinent takeaways from recent chemical sector business updates, ranging from cost inflation trends to producer outlooks.
- We highlight Axalta, RPM, Sherwin-Williams, Reliance, SABIC, Shin-Etsu, ExxonMobil, & Neste news, & discuss global production update items.
- US contract propylene values take a step higher in July MoM based on spot support. We also flag US ethylene and benzene spot market trends.
- We highlight several climate-friendly initiatives from traditional channels and corporate reports, such as Neste, Berkshire Hathaway & Home Depot.
- The Baltic Exchange Freight Rate Index reflects tight global conditions, and we find indications of many global supply chain issues persisting in 3Q21.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams