Daily Chemical Reaction
Dark Necessities – Producer Competitive Positioning Gains Light As Efforts Rise To Keep Markets Tight
- This research report comments on a few significant global petrochemical price and margin trends. We discuss findings that some commodity producers are testing market structure to keep profitability supported at elevated levels.
- We flag business updates from Olin, Enterprise Products, Stepan, BASF, Tokuyama, & OMV Group that broadly show commodity chemical strength.
- We highlight other pertinent chemical sector corporate items (e.g., Inter Pipeline, LyondellBasell, Sinopec, Air Products, & other producer news).
- Carbon prices in Europe rebounded WoW but remained below the recent peak – we flag a few CO2 market drivers & other relevant ESG news items.
- We discuss continued home product material constraints, such as in foam for mattresses, and note rising chemical activity in the US and globally.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams