Daily Chemical Reaction
Loving You Easy – 2Q21 Chemical Sector Reports Broadly Optimistic, Early 2H21 Trends Evaluated
- Chemical sector business updates display similar trends across sub-sectors. We discuss a few factors that could shift profit momentum.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Kraton, Solvay, Air Liquide, Ashland, Shell, TotalEnergies, Element Solutions, & other news).
- Sector end-demand indicators remain broadly strong, but we flag several logistic items and other indicators showing varied sub-sector momentum.
- We flag several ESG items worth mention, ranging from IEA research on renewable energy and diesel trends to multiple corporate ESG updates.
- Along with publishing our latest ESG weekly, we highlight our multi-client initiative on carbon abatement in conjunction with the Power Research Group.
- We note numerous other relevant chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams