Daily Chemical Reaction
- US commodity chemical per-unit margins incentivize a quick production return following Hurricane Ida. This report discusses mixed signals coming from several key markets that may signal intermediate price declines in 4Q21.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Celanese, Repsol, Shell, Chevron, Gevo, Dow, BASF, Nouryon & other news).
- We compare US total rail traffic to US chemical rail traffic, flag several relevant NGL market statistics, and discuss commodity chemical trends.
- We flag several ESG items worth noting, ranging from multiple Chevron partnerships to highlighting our latest ESG weekly research that discusses the challenges facing new routes to conventional polymers.
- We note numerous other relevant chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams