Daily Chemical Reaction
- European natural gas prices have surged in 2021, far outpacing the upward move in US prices. We discuss rising energy costs, a flatter global petrochemical cost curve, and risks surrounding Western premium prices.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Axalta, OQ Chemicals, Air Liquide, Total, Shell, Total, MEGlobal, BASF & other news).
- We compare US total rail traffic to US chemical rail traffic, flag several relevant consumer demand statistics, and discuss commodity chemical trends.
- We flag several ESG items worth mention, ranging from multiple sector initiative updates to our latest ESG research discussing carbon markets.
- We note numerous other relevant chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams