C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Carbon: Trading, Offsets, and CCS as a Service – It’s All Coming!
- If CCS has enough momentum to become a large part of the path to net-zero, there will inevitably be a role for those offering end-to-end solutions.
- Smaller footprint carbon emitters cannot resolve their carbon issues as cheaply as those servicing many in the same geography – cost will dictate behavior.
- Carbon offset prices hit a record high with the Iceland DAC facility – showing how much consumers are willing to pay for a concrete audit-proof offset.
- Attempts by the oil majors to show their greener ambitions get no reward from investors and, as the news increases, valuations reflect investor skepticism.
- Otherwise, we talk about the run-up to COP26 – the hopes for the meeting and the likelihood that grand ambitions will not materialize – small victories only.
See PDF below for all charts