C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
EIA View Suggests Natural Gas & CCS Critical To Net-Zero Goals
- EIA estimates of energy needs and sources through 2050 poison net-zero targets – increased natural gas supply and rapid CCS growth are the antidote.
- The EIA projection of required fossil fuels volume suggests COP26 should focus on channeling fossil fuel along paths that broadly decarbonize fuel.
- Fossil fuel companies, like Chevron, talk about decarbonizing, but the industry will need broad support to pivot towards (clean) natural gas. Broad support for natural gas now may prevent further long-term harmful energy inflation.
- Investors and consumers want low carbon polymers AND less waste. We find corporates, such as Dow, working on both issues and the participant list growing.
- Canada – the county with the highest carbon tax has recently seen a significant number of new-facility investments – go figure!
See PDF below for all charts