C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Decarbonizing Is Becoming A Thing – Thankfully
- Air Products announced a US blue hydrogen/ammonia investment last week, the first firm pledge to very large-scale carbon capture & sequestration in the US.
- Whether Air Products is the first to inject CO2 in the US Gulf is secondary to its confirmation of the value of CCS. Also, beyond economics, investors approved it.
- Large-scale CCS is needed if green energy shortfalls predicted by the EIA and IEA are correct – CCS is the insurance against underinvestment in clean fuels.
- COP26 could surprise us on the upside, but only because expectations are spectacularly low – including expectations around how to travel through Glasgow!
- Otherwise, we push back on the Biden pension plan – ESG is not ready yet – and we discuss carbon use, carbon pricing, and misinformation.
See PDF below for all charts