C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Low Carbon Polymers – Likely To Surprise To The Upside
- As the world iterates towards the best methods for plastic waste disposal, the volume available to recycle in original use will likely fall significantly short of goals.
- Higher value-in-use may come from recycling into new markets, especially in durable applications – allowing recycled polymers to offset other materials.
- Packagers will look for renewables, but supply will not be enough; traditional polymer makers with zero-carbon offerings may become the best alternate.
- The war for talent is heating up as “sustainable” start-ups look for expertise ranging from focused product knowledge to broader finance and operations.
- Otherwise, we look at Monolith and its “by-product”, zero-carbon hydrocarbons, more inflation worries for solar/hydrogen, and cement.
See PDF below for all charts