C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Energy Transition and Energy Security are Not Mutually Exclusive
- Governments in the West are going to have to adapt policies around energy transition such that they also address energy security – Russia’s actions show this.
- While we do not believe that these goals are mutually exclusive, policies will need to change, and to meet some of the IPCC report concerns, change now.
- ExxonMobil’s path to net-zero, outlined today requires a backdrop of regulations that appropriately price carbon and move much faster with CCS.
- We talk about what needs to happen to get some of the newer technology companies moving again – customers need to step up to support financing.
- Otherwise, we look at recycling polymer challenges and opportunities, Chevron’s biodiesel purchase, and more on the ESG investing front.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams