C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Industry Lobbying Efforts Could Backfire and Feed The Litigators
- Litigation is gaining momentum with those looking to make a Climate Change statement and law firms who see both opportunity and deep pockets.
- Lobbying firms resisting potential regulations from emission pricing to emission disclosure paint the industry as evasive, while companies often look better.
- Public company board directors fearing they might become personal targets by litigators will be discouraged from approving any projects that could be contested.
- As revised energy plans emerge, reflecting recent events, the need for a more compressive global CCS strategy becomes more glaring.
- Otherwise, we look at some of the challenges of meeting recycling goals, the SEC proposed emission disclosure rules, and more.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams