Daily Chemical Reaction
- Western market consumer price inflation estimates for full-year 2022 have surged YTD to show notably more inflation than Asia – a concern for Western producers.
- Oneok highlights positive natural gas and NGL fundamentals with its 2Q22 results, which generally align with our view and support upped investment in this sector.
- US polypropylene (PP) values have fallen relative to polymer-grade propylene in August. We foresee more downward pressure on US PP prices in 2H22.
- The inflation Reduction Act offers several notable benefits to the energy sector, as noted by Occidental, which we also discuss in our latest ESG weekly report.
- Low Rhine river levels create logistic issues in Europe, adding to other regional supply problems. We also note downward pressure on shipping rates.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams