C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Is Recycling A “Waste” Of Time? No, Because We Have No Choice.
- Another very damning report from Greenpeace on the lack of progress in recycling uses data selectively and out of context and draws the wrong conclusions.
- That said, the lack of measurable progress in the US and the negative impact of banning plastic waste exports on US recycling rates are trends worth monitoring.
- These reports are mostly filled with criticism and rarely suggest any reasonable solution, though they flag “design for recycling” needs that we have covered.
- The polymer industry has its work cut out to turn this story around – but we argue a lot of progress has occurred, even if it is not impacting volumes much yet.
- Otherwise, we look at climate finance, CO2 incentives, not enough focus on alternates to wind and solar (a little self-serving), and all benefitting from the IRA.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams