Daily Chemical Reaction
Meat Loaf – Costs Less and Lasts Longer In Plastic Packaging, For Crying Out Loud!
- We show some commonsense data highlighting the benefits of plastic packaging relative to alternative products, while COP27 agitators miss the true enemy: waste!
- Refined products could be stronger for longer in the US, especially diesel, as the incentive to add traditional capacity is not there, despite profit high margins.
- The vulnerability of European Chemicals to natural gas shortages is high; more local producers discussing no further investment – also bad timing for a Braskem sale.
- We highlight the benefits of oxy-combustion technology. We also provide more views on COP27 as more global initiatives and data points from its presentations emerge.
- We discuss the October US consumer price inflation (CPI) posting in the context of global food inflation. We also flag recent North American chemical rail traffic trends.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams