Daily Chemical Reaction
Blow At High Dough – Elevated Prices & Government Incentives Lift Profit Cycle Risk For Some Chemicals
- The global commodity chemical industry faces profit cycle risk from energy producers expanding downstream and gov’t incentives favoring “new” technology deployments.
- We discuss issues with the Freeport LNG start-up and NW Europe natural gas price strength relative to US levels, which is a near-term plus for US chemical producers.
- We highlight Olin initiatives to maximize the values of the ECU and why this helps new technologies/other producers advance their projects, a potential long-term risk.
- We discuss the Yara agreement to ship green fertilizer to Argentina to decarbonize potato production and the global EV deployment impact on power grid reliability.
- We discuss the latest US job report, highlight announced layoffs at Amazon and Walmart, and flag Kroger’s view that food price inflation is beginning to moderate.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams