C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Deglobalization: Good For Current Mood – Bad For Climate Change
- Effective global energy transition requires a level of global collaboration better than we saw with COVID – current trends suggest we are moving the wrong way.
- National/Energy security issues pull countries in different directions & incentive programs are different enough to drive wedges through trade agreements.
- Attempts to drive national security of clean energy solutions may drive more failed initiatives with underdeveloped technologies – increasing financial stress.
- The big risk is that enough countries create wide enough economic moats to cause other global agreements to fail with some major and important trade at risk.
- Otherwise, we look at other ambitions – more CCS, more blue and green hydrogen and ammonia, and possible higher share prices by moving countries!
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams