Daily Chemical Reaction
Winners & Losers Will Emerge – Clean Tech & Strategies Will Win On Merit, Not Participation & Intentions
- Global petrochemical producers outline their market and growth ambitions at WPC. Though all have views, strategies vary, and some bold, risk-adjusted moves lack appreciation in our view.
- Russian energy flows to China have risen since the Russia/Ukraine conflict. Prices are hard to pinpoint, but this trend favors China’s global petrochemical feedstock production cost position.
- We highlight NW Europe spot polyethylene and polypropylene prices relative to the US, flag Olin restructures and cuts epoxy production due to weak demand, and some India market news.
- We highlight waste-to-energy market developments, a biomass-to-fuel project development under review in Louisiana, and multiple global clean energy news items worth considering.
- We discuss US chemical manufacturer shipment trends and inventory-to-sales ratios suggesting limited supply issues. On the other hand, our demand concerns remain elevated.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams