Lawyer Up: With ESG Initiatives Losing Steam, Enter the Lawyers
- As we watch the “anti-woke” lobby in the US cause investors to step back from the responsibility they should never have wanted in the first place; enter litigation.
- Asset Managers should not be the drivers of policy or policy compliance – their job is to best serve the needs of their clients, and making money comes first.
- Idealist shareholders will always be outnumbered, and activists and NGOs that want climate action will logically turn to the courts if governments let them down.
- Separately we look at electric ethylene, cheaper than carbon abatement in some parts of Europe but still likely at the top of the cost curve without cheap power.
- Otherwise, we question French PET recycling, the limits of pyrolysis, the benefits of CCS scale in the US, crazy solar investments, and some carbon trading.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams