C-MACC Weekly Sustainability and Energy Transition Report
Do We Have The Energy To Understand ESG Investing?
- The outperformance and underperformance of ESG and anti-ESG stocks appear primarily based on whether you own oil and gas stocks – other factors seem small.
- ESG/sustainable investing is losing its appeal because it is less clear what it means, and regulatory changes, expected to make it better, remain absent.
- As the developed world states a desire to become less reliant on China, inflation and other challenges slow its progress while China charges ahead and lowers costs.
- We note initiatives to reduce power consumption, especially in buildings, and question whether industrial conservation is good or bad relative to other efforts.
- Otherwise, we look at the new Lego challenge, return to CCS, which is gaining momentum, look at power inefficiency, and what keeps European industry alive.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams