C-MACC Weekly Sustainability and Energy Transition Report
Emission Impossible: Where Is Tom Cruise When You Need Him?
- Regardless of the location of COP28 and who is hosting this was always likely to be a showdown between those wanting a practical approach & those on a Mission.
- We cannot Cruise to any lower carbon scenario easily, and unless there is a route that minimizes economic harm, we risk Fallout, and Rogue Nations saying no.
- A successful COP28 will turn the attention more towards emissions and away from exiting fossil fuels quickly, driving a coordinated effort to decarbonize fuels.
- But the emission focus will raise the bar for all, and material, fuel, and vehicle do-gooders will need a more intense focus on their own footprints, metals also.
- Otherwise, we look at options for the NOCs and the IOCs, grid infrastructure, the amount of US-based investment relying on CCS, EV consolidation, and batteries.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams