Daily Chemical Reaction
Tighter Ammonia Markets – A Plus For Producers & Its Clean Transition, Negative For Non-Integrated Derivative Profits
- C-MACC Co-Founder Cooley May is attending the Ammonia Energy Association conference this week, with his meetings spanning ammonia suppliers, buyers, and their support industries.
- Ammonia prices surged in 2H23, which has cut non-integrated derivative margins and shows the significant benefits of integrated producers, particularly those with a cost advantage.
- We flag our latest hydrogen economy research, Blue Is The Color – Ammonia Is The Game, that discusses the rush to grow blue capacity amid its fewer challenges than with green production.
- We discuss ExxonMobil’s efforts in lithium, a global polyethylene market facing oversupply, and highlight recent chemical feedstock movements favoring lower global chemical prices ahead.
- The Li-Cycle facility development pause adds to a rising global “pause list” due to increased project costs and return issues. We also discuss numerous relevant downstream demand trends.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams