Daily Chemical Reaction
- Downstream/specialty producers push prices to offset 1H21 raw material cost strength in some product chains – inflationary for the consumer
- Axalta, BP, Ecolab, Kemira, Elkem, Honeywell, JSR, Posco Chemical, Stepan, Sekisui, Shikoku, & Sherwin-Williams business updates.
- Plastic sourcing issues persist in the US, but availability is rising in China.
- EU CO2e prices hit a record this week. ESG news flow remains high.
- The Freightos China-to-US freight rate index remains at multi-year highs.
- Numerous other pertinent chemical sector items are discussed.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams