C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
The Biden Plan: Taking The Harder Path, Limiting Odds Of Success
- By our analysis, the Biden emission goals can’t work without a carbon tax/price.
- The current plan will get tied up in local and state courts delaying action.
- Corporates need (lacking) clarity re economics and policy longevity to invest.
- The US could become a global laggard on climate action and weaker as a result.
- The ESG investment lobby is currently driving the bus but hasn’t passed the test.
See PDF below for all charts