Daily Chemical Reaction
The Thrill Is Gone – Commodity Price Inflation Turns From Shock To Awe; ESG Effort Advances Expected
- 1H21 commodity inflation relative to 2H20 is now a well-known market development. Today, we turn our sights to commodity chemical products that are now seeing initial signs of price weakness amid increased production.
- We highlight Air Products, Brenntag, Nippon Shokubai, Tosoh, Showa Denko, Sadara, Satorp, Kao, and SK Chemicals business updates.
- USGC spot ethylene falls, while US polymer-grade propylene rises WoW.
- CCS subsidies take a bold move higher. Solar input costs rose in 1Q21.
- The Freightos China-to-US freight rate index remains at multi-year highs.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams