C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Carbon Games – Appetite, But Not Enough Hunger Yet
- Climate abatement is the key to net-zero goals – it is not the same thing as eliminating fossil fuels. This report discusses this common misconception.
- Carbon use initiatives are emerging – all are worth exploring, but combined, they will likely only be a tiny part of the overall needed abatement.
- We discuss more repercussions in the oil sector and potential price inflation.
- Recycling growth rates may not impact overall plastic demand, but the volume of recycled polymer available to the end-use market may affect demand.
- LNG continues to sit on the leading edge of carbon capture, even if plans are not yet fully formed.
See PDF below for all charts