Daily Chemical Reaction
- Commodity chemical producer 2Q result comments are broadly optimistic, while downstream/specialty producers flag cost inflation and input sourcing issues. We discuss the Dow 2Q business update and multiple sector reports.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Dow, Alpek, Givaudan, Sika, BASF, Kureha, Evonik, & other business news).
- Sector end-demand indicators remain broadly strong, but we flag several logistic items and other indicators showing varied sub-sector momentum.
- We flag several ESG items worth mention, ranging from IEA research on empowering cities toward net-zero to views of electrifying the airline industry.
- Along with publishing our latest ESG weekly, we highlight our multi-client initiative on carbon abatement in conjunction with the Power Research Group.
- We note numerous other relevant chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams