Daily Chemical Reaction
- This report highlights the US polyethylene (PE) market as one that could tighten after Hurricane Ida, though the strength may prove short-lived. We discuss freight rates, contract premiums, and other items framing our view.
- We feature several downstream findings, ranging from cost inflation to a lingering inability to source inputs constraining some end product supplies.
- We flag pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Arkema, Orion Engineered Carbons, Ashland, Avantor, Sinopec, H.B. Fuller, & other items).
- We find varied ESG items worth considering, ranging from numerous chemical industry ESG initiative updates to general climate trend discussions.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams