Daily Chemical Reaction
- US plastic resin & material prices have risen more than recyclable plastic values YTD, though both show significant growth YoY. This setting makes an easy case for more recycled content, but this setting may change in 2022.
- We discuss pertinent chemical sector updates (e.g., Arkema, Huntsman, PTTGC, Show Denko, Polynt, Fortescue, & others). A key theme with several of these reports is the business model shift toward more specialty products.
- We note relevant ESG items worth notice, ranging from updates across several chemical sub-sectors to highlighting the trend in EU carbon values. We also highlight our weekly ESG thematic published later today in LINK.
- Our latest Sunday Thematic report, Waiting For The Big One – Is A Chemical Mega-Cycle Ahead? discusses chemical sector capacity investment.
- We discuss numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams