C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Optimism Has Created Plenty Of Wind Problems – It Could Spread
- The wind power industry is in significant trouble and the last couple of years have been plagued with negative revisions, despite a strong demand outlook.
- The issues have been much worse at Siemens Gamesa than others as the company has also mismanaged a new generation of product roll-out.
- In 2021 and 2022, material shortages, supply chain disruptions, and increasingly higher input costs have also hurt, but overconfidence has played a major part.
- Separately, we look at the API carbon tax plan – a major shirt for the API, but still not a proposal, in our view, that will help reduce emissions – just raise prices.
- Otherwise, we look at the cost issues with chemical recycling, how emissions are leading corporate concerns, the unending need for renewable power, and Tesla.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams