C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Oil and Gas Necessary Long-Term – The Sector Needs Friends
- We continue to argue that decarbonized fossil fuels will play a critical role in the energy transition – credible recent analysis on climate change aligns with our view.
- Even as global warming narratives become bleaker, energy security and affordability have now taken a front seat, and no government can ignore inflation.
- But oil and gas companies face some single-minded shareholders, including some premature break-up activists, and are now suggesting policy vs. waiting.
- We look at plastic waste and the scale of the challenge/opportunity in the US, but for more than just recycling – packagers still need to make changes.
- We flag rising carbon capture activity despite no improvement in incentives (in the US), discuss hydrogen and renewable fuels, and map other ESG findings.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams