C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Hydrogen “Earth Shot” – “Long-Shot” But Will Drive Costs Down
- The Hydrogen excitement continues to build, and the DOE hub and technology targets/goals could help production and infrastructure development.
- While we still believe that affordable power availability will spoil the party – as might material/equipment shortages, the incentives will pick up the pace.
- Recent meetings in NYC show views of the US have gone from disorganized and investment unfriendly to ahead of other countries with the IRA/DOE moves.
- Expect huge progress in investments and production costs over the rest of the decade, with many shovels in the ground by 2024 – it may create other shortages.
- Otherwise, we look again at the damaging effect of declining recycled polymer prices, the CO2 footprint of building products, and the positives of a recession.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams