C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
The Need For Speed – The Government Stresses Urgency but Regulation and Bureaucracy are Rate Limiting
- Much-needed experience curves in critical energy transition technologies will be negatively impacted by regulatory delays in the US, leading to missed targets.
- Large-scale projects for hydrogen and CCS, for example, face all sorts of hurdles from the same government that expects them to deliver transition quickly.
- The wind turbine industry continues to struggle, despite record orders and strong offshore momentum – will lose money in 2022 – power prices up in 2023.
- We make the case that PET should gain more packaging market share – especially from polystyrene as the design for recycling steps up.
- We note increased interest in all things “blue” in the US Gulf Coast but expect the higher 45Q to be unobtainable for many for years, waiting for Class 6 permits.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams