C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Packaging: Spoilt for Choice but Choice Spoiling Progress
- What may look like procrastination in the packaging industry is likely more about too many options for more sustainable solutions and reluctance to choose.
- Scale economies will lower the costs of widely adopted paths; biodegradable, designed for recycling, etc. Backing the wrong trend will be expensive.
- Impatience is driving litigation, and the bigger named companies, like Dannon, will be the targets, regardless of progress – unclear if any trend is investible yet.
- More ideal net-zero solutions and hydrogen hub proposals miss the practical economics of achieving desired goals – more natural gas for longer seems right.
- We look at struggles in Europe managing social problems and energy transition together. We also look at banking challenges and ESG funding hurdles.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams