C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Can Floating Wind Stand Up? Or Will It Sink The Boats?
- It is seldom the piece of equipment you are focused on that slows down a project; for offshore wind, service companies may be the bottlenecks.
- As plans accelerate, large projects suggest rates of installation for increasingly heavier and taller structures; requiring much more ancillary equipment than exists.
- The EU response to the IRA has words but not much tangible finance – some good initiatives for training and speed, but Yara shows below why the US still wins.
- Linde starts waving the energy transition flag more aggressively with a large ATR project in the US to support OCI and promises more to come – we like the story.
- Otherwise, bp is backtracking on emission targets to please shareholders, & LyondellBasell’s refinery is making more per ton of CO2 emitted than elsewhere.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams