Daily Chemical Reaction
Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of – CERAWeek Highlights Many Energy Transition Options, No Fix Alls
- An obvious initial CERA takeaway is no “fix-all” solution will enable the energy transition. Thus, energy and chemical companies are evaluating myriad strategic options simultaneously.
- We sense a degree of envy toward companies (and regions) with competitive cost advantages from those lacking it, as both parties invest near term in many low-return transition trends.
- We highlight the strength in US spot polymer-grade propylene relative to benzene and ethylene amid production issues, flag an Equate business update, and discuss other items.
- We highlight many 2025 recycled content targets, which will prove very challenging to meet, and news from Chevron and Talos Energy highlighting their expansion of a USGC CCS project.
- The Fed’s global supply chain index dropped below average for the first time since August 2019, supporting the case for greater product availability and fewer regional price differences.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams